Why Am I So Hungry After Workouts?
Ever finish a great workout and suddenly feel like you could eat your entire refrigerator? You're not alone. That intense feeling of "I'm starving!" after hitting the gym or going for a run is incredibly common. Many people wonder, "Why am I so hungry after workouts?" It can be frustrating, especially if you're trying to manage your weight or stick to a healthy eating plan. You just burned a bunch of calories, so why does your body demand so many back? The good news is that this hunger is usually your body sending important signals. It's telling you it needs fuel to recover and get stronger. The trick is understanding those signals and responding in a smart way. Let's break down why this happens and what you can do about it. Why You're So Hungry: The Science Behind It Your body is a smart machine. When you challenge it with exercise, it uses up resources and triggers a series of responses. These responses often lead to increased hunger. Energy D…